Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last Day of Wake - Jonas's questions on angels.. written on 16 May

It was the last day of the wake.
we could no longer hold back our tears as we prepared for the final prayers and rituals to send Granny off.. again.............................

We proceed to the temple for the cremation.. we had been reminded that we are not supposed to cry… Granny would feel the pain if she hear us cry and her soul cant leave her body.. we all don’t want that.. we all held back our tears…

I remember Jonas asking me what is happening to Granny now on the bus to the temple... I told him… she will become an angel.. like the stars in the sky.. each star is an angel and each time we looked up and see stars.. Granny will be there watching us.. I was not prepared at all to explain to him and I am glad I managed to answer his question. He asked about how angels fly.. no one teach Granny how to fly.. how can Granny eat food.. we cant see angels.. but will we see the food that Granny eat travelling down her intestines.. it was at that moment that I could smile.. smile at the innocent questions that jonas had asked… I heard my cousins smiling away too and even breaking out into a laugh.. I am sure Granny will be assured that we are coping well… she will be smiling away at Jonas questions too..

1 comment:

  1. XJ here..

    As I'm reading both post, my tears were just swelling out.. No matter how i tried to stop myself, i'm unable to stop myself from doing so..

    All the memories flashes back one by one in my mind.. The feeling is still so strong..I do really miss her very much..

    You are right.. We keep telling ourselves to let go.. But in reality, can we do tt? Maybe it would really take some time for all of us to do so..

    We, the Tan Family, would stay strong together.. Up in the heaven, Granny would be blessing every single one of us.. She would always want to see us in our gathering, happily together..

    She will always remain in our heart and we will never forget the love that she had given to all of us..

    ReplyDelete